Saturday, September 05, 2009

Bliss-out of the week: Two Irresistably Happy Songs about Nookie

Dunno why sex would be the subject of so many bliss-out. (actually, on second thought, I do) but two absolute glee-freak-outs that always bring me joy: Art Brut's "Good Weekend," which I've written about before, and now "I Like You So Much Better When You're Naked" - neither is very sophisticated, either lyrically or musically, the songwriting is pretty by-the-numbers, open chords and major keys, but absolutely joyous vocalists and totally silly lyrics, in both cases.

Ida Maria: I Like You So Much Better When You're Naked reminds me of early No Doubt at its most joyous, except a voice with a little more gut rather than a wobbly shiny thing like Gwen Stefani's -- more Janis Joplin than Laura Branigan. Fun fun fun. As always with bliss-outs, the louder you play it, the more you'll like it.

I kinda blogged myself out with that Music post, so sorry about the light posting this week. Kinda sorry. That music post was a good one, so go read it again before you hold this against me. And if you're still upset, write me a letter and I'll send you a refund for your reading fee.

No comments: